Jumpstart a student's college and career aspirations
As of 2018 more than 300,000 students are a part of the College Bound Scholarship program. The College Bound Scholarship program is the state’s early commitment of state financial aid to eligible students. Elibigle students will be auto-enrolled, and must also fulfill the scholarship requirements of:
- Graduating from a Washington State high school, or approved homeschool program, with a cumulative 2.0 GPA or higher.
- Having no felony convictions.
- Applying for financial aid and being income eligible
- Enrolling in an eligible institution or approved apprenticeship in Washington state within one year of graduating high school.
We recognize your dedication to inform students of their enrollment in the College Bound Scholarship and continue to support them throughout high school. Our goal is to make it easier any way we can.
- Tailor trainings for school-based staff on how to best utilize the College Bound Scholarship and its requirements to support students’ college and career aspirations
- Co-design strategies for the auto-enrollment process, outreach to students, and student support at the school and district level
- Provide solutions to common obstacles faced by staff throughout the auto-enrollment process
*Under Construction: Enrollment Framework for Schools
Use this step-by-step framework to plan your school’s strategy for College Bound Scholarship supports and activities
A crowd-sourced list of activities implemented by staff across the state that incorporate the College Bound Scholarship into current career and college programming
*Under Construction: Overview Presentation
A PowerPoint presentation that covers the basics of the College Bound Scholarship designed specifically for parents and students